Our Mission: At Pet Evolution ”Our brand promise is to help pets live the good life through delivering extraordinary service to all our guests with love, compassion, fun and friendships”
You must care about helping to improve the lives of pets and their owners. You must be outgoing, friendly, and helpful.
Qualifications: Prior grooming or bathing experience is recommended, but not required. Must be willing and able to consistently follow company policies and procedures, reliably carry out assigned duties, and behave in a positive, upbeat, helpful manner. A strong achievement drive, empathy, integrity, pride, and good social skills are keys to success in our company.
Kindness: It’s important to understand that animals oftentimes are very stressed out when introduced to new environments or unfamiliar situations. Bathers/Grooming assistants must understand this and treat all situations accordingly, with kindness and compassion.
Customer-Service: Be patient with customers and take the time to truly figure out what they want. Pay close attention to customer body language and reaction. If the customer appears even slightly concerned with the way the final groom looks, fix immediately even if the customer says no. All customers must leave happy!
Detail Oriented: Pay close attention to specific instructions given by the customer. Monitor specific pet behavior to deter harm to self or animal.
Ambassador For Safety: You must be able to understand basic animal behavior and body language to be able to determine whether or not it is safe to groom the pet. You must be able to think critically under pressure on a situational basis to prevent injuries to self and pets as we are working with living animals that are known to be unpredictable at times.
Training: There is a 24-30 hour extensive in-store training period with a manager that must be successfully completed. In addition, we regularly hold advanced pet and pet product-training courses that you are required to attend, as well as occasional in-store training sessions. You will also receive on-the-job instruction from your managers.
Salary Range: Bathers will receive a competitive hourly rate plus tips
Benefits (full-time only):
Employee Benefits: Generous employee discount, flexible hours, fun work environment.
Time Commitment: Bather may be hired on a full- or part-time basis with hours varying accordingly. Overtime is required as needed. Management reserves the right to change schedules according to business needs. No time off permitted during the two weeks preceding Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Physical Requirements: This position involves a lot of physical activity including but not limited to; standing for long periods of time, lifting and holding dogs/cats safely, bending, leaning and crouching. You must be able to lift and carry +/- 60 pounds on a regular basis.
- Creating a safe and fun work environment.
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Care and compassion for animals.
- Time management.
- Engaging customers, determining their needs.
- Keeping informed about pet industry and grooming standards.
- Operating customer record retention by importing accurate customer information and specific notes relating to grooming instruction.
- Answering phones and booking grooming appointments.
- Cleaning the facility and equipment.
- Carrying out other duties assigned by supervisors in a cheerful and efficient manner
- Bathing and prepping the groomer dog (scheduled, if needed)
- Providing the full- service bath and clean up package
- Providing the full- service bath & blow dry package
- Servicing walk in clients on a la carte services
- Helping with cleaning as the groomers are cutting dogs hair to maintain the area and floor clean
- Answering phones and scheduling appointments