From the time of their domestication in the near east some 9,500 year ago, cats have been adored for their companionship and revered by cultures worldwide - for good reason! Cats are amazing creatures. Read on to find out why...
1) Cat purrs carry powerful healing action, for us humans! Research shows cats often purr at therapeutic frequencies (20-100Hz) which are proven to help heal human bone, skin, and soft tissue.
2) Cats are one of only three animals on earth that walk by moving both of their right feet first, then moving both of their left feet. The other two are camels and giraffes.
3) According to this study, house cats share 95.6% of their genetic makeup with tigers and still share many of the same behaviors, like scent marking, prey stalking and pouncing.
4) Cats have unique communication with their owners and use up to 100 different vocalizations - dogs use about 10.
5) Cats will spend up to 1/3 of their day grooming and often participate in allogrooming or social grooming, which is when grooming behaviors are extended to other cats, pets, and people!