Our Mission: “Our brand promise is to help pets live the good life through delivering extraordinary service to all of our guests with love, compassion, fun and friendships”
You must care about helping to improve the lives of pets and their owners. You must be outgoing, friendly, and helpful.
Qualifications: No specific experience or education is required but experience in customer service is preferred. You must be willing and able to consistently follow company policies and procedures, reliably carry out assigned duties, and behave in a positive, upbeat, helpful manner. A strong achievement drive, empathy, integrity, pride, and good social skills are keys to success in our company.
Training: There is a 30-hour extensive in-store training period with a manager that must be successfully completed. In addition, we regularly hold advanced pet and pet product-training courses that you are required to attend, as well as occasional in-store training sessions. You will also receive on-the-job instruction from your managers.
Salary Range: Wellness Associates Salary Range is Based on Previous Work Experience.
Benefits (full-time only):
Employee Benefits: Generous employee discount, flexible hours, fun work environment.
Time Commitment: Wellness Associates may be hired on a full- or part-time basis with hours varying accordingly. Overtime is required as needed. The position is non-exempt. Our busiest times are evenings and weekends. Even if we initially schedule someone for day shifts, we reserve the right to change schedules according to business needs. We are open every day except New Year’s Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. Every other day is considered a regular workday. No time off permitted during the two weeks preceding Christmas
Physical Requirements: You must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis in order to stock the store and to do carryout for customers.
- Greeting all customers that walk into Pet evolution
- Engaging customers, determining their needs and informing them of products that meet those needs.
- Checking in and out all grooming and walk in services
- Promoting and selling Good life membership
- Being comfortable overcoming objections
- Providing excellent customer service.
- Time management.
- Engaging customers, determining their needs, and informing them of products that meet those needs.
- Continually educating yourself about pets, pet products, and services through classes, reading, on-the-job training, and other means as available.
- Keeping informed about sales promotions, contests, and goals.
- Operating a computer cash register and accurately and efficiently completing transactions. Accurately reconciling daily sales and monies.
- Answering phones and providing accurate information in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Cleaning the facility and equipment.
- Stocking and organizing merchandise.
- Assisting customers with merchandise to their vehicle.
- Shrink and inventory awareness.
- Carrying out other duties assigned by supervisors in a cheerful and efficient manner