At Pet Evolution ”Our mission is to help pets live the good life by providing the highest quality food, treats and grooming services.”
As the Assistant Store Manager, you will reflect our company mission in “Helping Pets Live The Good Life.” All duties performed will be under direct supervision of the General Manager.
Qualifications: Must be passionate about helping pets, serving customers and providing superb customer service and able to inspire coworkers to do the same. Must be caring, compassionate and sincerely share our values. Must be disciplined, have a drive to succeed, and the interpersonal skills required to lead others in our supportive style. We also look for the capability and willingness to think quantitatively, manage specific sales outcomes, and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. Self-awareness, empathy, good social skills and a strong drive for achievement are the keys to success at Pet Evolution. Retail experience and/or pet expertise is a plus.
Education and Experience: High School diploma, or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Training: There is an extensive 90-day training period conducted by the Store Manager.
Salary range: Dependent upon qualifications and experience.
Time Commitment Assistant Managers are hired on a full-time basis. Overtime is required as needed. This position is non-exempt. You must be willing and able to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis. You must also be able to fill in with little or no notice.
Physical requirements: You must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds on a regular basis.
Under direction and leadership of store manager, duties include but are not limited to:
- overseeing daily store operations in accordance with company standards
- directing, empowering and supervising staff
- enforcing store policy and procedures
- ensuring that customer service and satisfaction exceeds our clients’ expectations
- assisting in directing sales in accordance with company philosophy and procedures
- opening and closing the store, performing daily reconciliation, cash handling, and bank deposits
- communicating with staff, providing reports
- dealing with personnel issues within the store
- on-the-job training of staff in service sales, product knowledge, and operations
- maintaining store appearance
- procuring product and maintaining an accurate inventory
- product merchandising
- creating an atmosphere of service and trust
- monthly pet of the month data collections
- establishing relations with local vet clinics in sending monthly food samples and treats.
- Community relations and event coordinator
- Along with all other duties as assigned